The purpose of the I-75 Central Corridor Coalition is to foster the exchange of ideas among the members, the constituent communities, and the public; to provide a medium for the expression of aims and aspiration of the people of the communities that will reflect their best thinking and planning; and to provide an agency through which citizens and organizations may voluntarily put their energies and resources to accomplish these goals.
Smart growth includes sustainable and environmentally sensitive economic development. It includes using existing buildings and infrastructure to create neighborhoods that area attractive for living and working, and doing it in a fiscally responsible way so that they are affordable. It means providing a variety of transportation choices, including walking, biking, driving, and inter-city and intra-city mass transportation. It means promoting the civic, educational, and social life of the constituent communities.
The 5 Steps for the Corridor
- Develop coalition of local governments, businesses, academic institutions and developers/land owners.
- Expand coordination of public and private entities throughout the corridor.
- Better understand the current and future development opportunities in the corridor.
- Brand and market the corridor as a key development area.
- Coordinate transportation investments, local government planning and econometric development.